It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 pm 

I have been a huge fan of James since the release of Stutter in 1986. I saw them live on a number of occasions in the late 80's , early 90's and was never disappointed. Probably one of the best live acts there is !!!!

Sadly age, family and work then took over and although I still bought and listened to their music, live gigs became a thing of my misspent youth.

In 2008, whilst off work for several months following a back injury and several operations I started to sell off my old James vinyl and replace with CD's, having now accrued the entire back catalogue of James on compact disc which I am really proud of.

Whilst laid up and off work I noticed, almost by accident, that James were touring in December 2008 and had two gigs planned at Manchester Central Arena (the GMEX to other people).

I purchased a couple of tickets and a friend and I went across to Manchester from Wigan by train and walked across town from Victoria Station.

The last time I went to the GMEX was in 1991, watching New Order and memories had faded a little !

Having recently been to watch Simple Minds (who were awful) and Keane (who were very good) both at the completely, awful Manchester Evening News Arena I was thrilled when I entered Manchester Central as there was no awful seating crushed against the walls at such an angle that made you feel like you were one second away from falling several hundred feet. The bars and eating areas were all around the outside and with the exception of some limited seating in the centre it was standing only.

I wasn't quite sure whether Tim and company would have stood the test of time, as it was about 16/17 years since I had last watched them live. I was'nt to be disappointed with Tim, appearing in the centre of the seated area and walking through the crowd performing at his usual best.

How many performers would feel that comfortable now ?

The gig lasted for 2 1/2 hours I think, I just lost track of the time as one James anthem after another was blasted out and Tim Booth thrashed around the stage as if it was 1990 and 'Madchester' all over again.

I left, exhausted and delighted, and even more pleased that I had bought the live CD on my way in, if only I had bought several copies I could have made a killing on ebay !!

Since that cold December evening in Manchester I have been checking this site daily in the hope that similar tour dates are announced this December as I will definitely be going again. Sadly there is no news yet and still no news on a new album. I recently downloaded the free track, Not So Strong, which I think is James back to their best and eagerly await the new album.

Does anyone know when the new album will be released ? What will it be called ? Will 'Not so Strong' feature on it ?

When will James be touring alone in the UK ? Manchester, please again and soon !!!!!

Yours an avid James fanatic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 am 

oooh a fan living in Wigan, I'm just across the border in West Lancs :)

ps it's a feckin pain the arse that the last train out of Manc terminates at Wigan, heading back towards Southport of a night is a pain in the arse after 11!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 am 

greenbush wrote:
Does anyone know when the new album will be released ? ....... Will 'Not so Strong' feature on it ?

We are all hoping so... so far(we think) we have....

Not So Strong.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pvzt2fdc9k

Shine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQaJz2OVCB0

Porcupine.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dECNMeV2avY

LIFE is GOOD
JAMES are BETTER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 pm 
You say 'ALL hoping' so egregiously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:25 pm 

Aren't we all?...... Or is that it ,'Not So Strong' has been released, time to move on and free up some space on the album for something else.

And it's great to read stories about the James gigs in Manchester, back in December again, greenbush, maybe the rumours of a DVD of those shows will one day be proven to be true. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:50 pm 
hi greenbush a fellow wiganer.. but I now live in chorley.. think you might have gone with one of my friends ? i was at the friday night fab concert and would love a repeat performance.. a great christmas pick-up... saw james at V they were good but didn,t get long enough sadly tim crowd surfed over me and got to touch him as a reward for putting up with the biffy cliro mosh pit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:13 pm 

Yep, has anybody heard anything, about any planned UK performances by the band, Hoxton or anywhere at all, in the UK ? ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 am 
I was at that gig...absoultely awesome!!....and i wish i had got tickets for the following night too!!.....great night, i was totally bladdered but soaked up the atmosphere and loved every single second of it......just spotted myself on 'larry's pics' too.......got evidence...for those eagle eyed ones...i'm near the front standing 6ft8 tall..(apologies to those behind me at the time...but you did kick me about as i struggled to stay on my feet!!!) I'm in Blackpool and loved james when they were here in the Empress ballroom in April 2007....more of the same needed!!!! c'mon boothy...and ye men....giz another tour....need another rare night like that night.....was on a high for weeks after that gig....been to many a gig...but myself and my mates insist this gig stands out more than any of them...any band!...just awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:49 pm 

Groovygirl wrote:
Yep, has anybody heard anything, about any planned UK performances by the band, Hoxton or anywhere at all, in the UK ? ?
Nothing planned yet sadly, doubt we'll get anything till nearer the end of the year when the band are deciding what songs to put on the new album...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:40 pm 

Aww - well thanks for that anyway Chris . .

Post subject: GMEX v MEN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 pm 

How can you say a bad word about the MEN, I walked passed the maggot of a cathedral that serves the city that is Manchester, and took one glance towards Victoria Station to see where the real cathedral was!

I had really high hopes for the GMEX gig (won't even call it by the stupid M-Central name, it will always be the GMX), but somehow, I don't think they hit it off on the Friday night - apart from the sign guy, and Say Something, which was awesome.

If they only have one or two new songs, I'd rather the lads took a break this winter, and came back with something more substantial next year.

And why are you such a James fanatic, they are a great band, but I went to see this Irish pub band in Cardiff a few weeks ago who really kicked ass. Can't remember their name though, it was something to do with spy planes. WD40 or something like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 am 
Well... At least james are great enough for you to remember their name and come on their website.

Post subject: jabird from London
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:12 pm 

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON ? YOU CANT REMEMBER WHAT TRACKS THEY PLAYED AND ARE SUGGESTING AN IRISH FOLK BAND YOU CANT EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF ARE BETTER. GET A LIFE AND MAYBE SPRAY SOME WD40 UP YOUR NOSE YOU MAKE TALK MORE SENSE THEN.
I SUPPOSED THIS IS YOUR FICKLE ATTEMPT AT HUMOUR.

U2 ARE THE MOST OVER RATED BAND OF THE MILLENNIUM. ONE GOOD ALBUM AND THATS ABOUT IT.

Last edited by greenbush on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: oh the irony
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm 
i think he meant u2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 am 
Thanks so much for useful info

electric adjustable beds prices frames sleep comfort reviews the best electic adjustable beds at the lowest prices electric adjustable beds prices frames sleep comfort reviews

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 am 
[quote="spaced*out*"]I was at that gig...absoultely awesome!!....and i wish i had got tickets for the following night too!!.....great night, i was totally bladdered but soaked up the atmosphere and loved every single second of it......just spotted myself on 'larry's pics' too.......got evidence...for those eagle eyed ones...i'm near the front standing 6ft8 tall..(apologies to those behind me at the time...but you did kick me about as i struggled to stay on my feet!!!) I'm in Blackpool and loved james when they were here in the Empress ballroom in April 2007....more of the same needed!!!! c'mon boothy...and ye men....giz another tour....need another rare night like that night.....was on a high for weeks after that gig....been to many a gig...but myself and my mates insist this gig stands out more than any of them...any band!...just awesome.[/quote]

https://foxwp.ir/%D8%B7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8% ... %AF%D9%88/