It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 am 
Terry Christian is running a vote for Manchester's all time top tunes. Quite a few James options in the list (he must be a fan :-) ), be good to see James on top.
http://www.terrychristian.tv/manchester ... es-part-1/

Post subject: Eclectic choices!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am 

Terry Christian must be a real fan, one of his choices is the rather obscure, 'Sky is falling', a B-side on the Rough Trade release of 'Sit down' :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:12 pm 
As big a James fan as I am, I'm afraid i just had to vote for the Chameleons 'Swamp Thing', as it is my favourite song of all time. Delighted to see it's in there at number three!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 pm 
Come on, people!!

START voting!!

Must get to top 10 at least!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 pm 
ddhats wrote:
As big a James fan as I am, I'm afraid i just had to vote for the Chameleons 'Swamp Thing', as it is my favourite song of all time. Delighted to see it's in there at number three!
"Remember only one vote will be allowed per song" Why not vote for your favorite #1 and #2 songs, or your top 20 songs of all time? I voted for 10 or more. The Chameleons - Swamp Thing (7%, 13 Votes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:26 pm 
This poll is still running, you get to vote for 200 of the listed songs (yes 200 votes).
You could vote for all the James songs (if you wanted to) and still have more than enough votes for many other great songs.
Laid is currently the highest voted James track but not even in the top 20, surely James fans could get them up the ranking list?
http://www.terrychristian.tv/manchesters-alltime-top-200-songs/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:56 pm 
Laid is up to 16 and Where did everyone go? I see that the nut jobs that ruined this forum over the last year has also broke up the daisy chain as well LOL. The chain was going so good too. . It's a shame how some are sentimental enough to punish and mess things up for everyone else just because they have the power, and the social behaviors of someone suffering from grandiose delusions . If you take the time to read this vote for the band!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 pm 
Just cast me 20 votes for James. Poll still open and James (Laid) up to 14th. The top tune has 75 votes surely we can get Laid up there!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm 
Mike&Janane wrote:
Where did everyone go? I see that the nut jobs that ruined this forum over the last year has also broke up the daisy chain as well LOL. The chain was going so good too. . It's a shame how some are sentimental enough to punish and mess things up for everyone else just because they have the power, and the social behaviors of someone suffering from grandiose delusions .

WHAT !?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 pm 
That's what! Don't forget to vote!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:58 pm 
Mike&Janane wrote:

Sorry but your making no sense ...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Mike&Janane wrote:

Sorry but your making no sense ...?
OK, what I mean to say is help get james to #1 on this link http://www.terrychristian.tv/manchesters-all-time-top-tunes-part-1/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm 
Sorry again but look at what I quoted from you not the vote thing - all the other stuff ....??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:23 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Sorry again but look at what I quoted from you not the vote thing - all the other stuff ....??
Oh, you must mean my rant about how some people can get so bent on things to where they would take revenge on innocent people that had nothing to do with what made them bent. You see on Face Book some good lady started a page for select bunch of people to join as long as they'd follow her set of rules. Easy enough!

The page was set up because a lot of people was getting tired of the abuse from trolls and sock puppets on here, so Daisy Chain became the answer for many.

Than all of a sudden, some of the same trouble makers from here was eventually added to daisy chain and all hell broke out. The Admins quit and appointed others to run daisy chain for awhile than one became admin again and started deleting people and set daisy chain to private!

The thing is I was Facebook friends with many and because I post a lot of political post and post about humanity I was afraid I'd fuck people's happiness up so I un-friended all my friends of james figuring we could still be together through the daisy chain.

Revenge is the wine
Forgiveness is fine
Forgiveness divine
Revenge is more human

I never imagined some control freak would go about things in that manner!
That's the story as I know it. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:29 pm 
I can't help but find that really funny ! I heard daisy chain mentioned but didn't know what it was until now . Wondered where all the idiots from this forum had gone ! I'd bet that the people starting that thing should look to themselves and it's concept rather than blame the usual "trolls" thing . In my experience on this forum in the past you would get called a "troll" if you disagree with the people who are regulars and have become obsessed with the forum (think they own it) I'd also bet my bottom dollar Jabsy was at the heart of this daisy chain thing . She may have changed her name I don't know , but what a dreadful person she was !
This forum may be almost dead but I'd rather that than the way it was .
Their better off on face book . Thanks for letting us know why it's so peaceful on this forum these days xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm 
Jabbsy didn't have anything to do with the Facebook page and all hell certainly didn't break loose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:17 pm 
how very rude.... i most certainly had nothing to do with daisy chain - the place was full of all the most mental beings posting pictures of anything remotely flower shaped and then getting into a tizz if you dared to take the piss - not my style at all.
as far as i know, the place closed down and re-opened in secret so that backstabbing wankers with secrets and lies to kid themselves on about between each other could continue to do so without being outed by the normal-non-mental folk.

most happy to be remembered so fondly though wardy, it warms my heart to know you still care enough to remember my name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm 

to be fair, jabbs had nothing to do with the trouble caused on daisy chain (don't even think she was a member)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 pm 
OH GOD !! Me and my big mouth , she's back !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm 
you just couldnt help yourself could you wardy.

bet youve been slapping yourself silly over my last post. dirty bitch.