It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Llandudno last night
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 am 
Well after all the excitement looking forward to the concert felt let down by a minority of the audience , please respect the new songs off the new album and not just the old classics , don't chat away to the people around you and let the fans listen to the band , I think Tim summed it up by saying "people probably not even listened to the new album" .

Seen James on numerous occasions and hope I can see them again as I don't want last night to be my lasting memory

I expect they'll be a few sore heads this morning , can't understand why some people buy a ticket to get so drunk to spend most of the concert crashed out in the foyer .

Just my opinion sure many don't agree

Post subject: Re: Llandudno last night
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:05 pm 
Unfortunately the way of the world.
Same thing happened at Sheffield a while ago.
Retards talking and bustling through to the bar when tracks are played which they don't know.
No etiquette now in the UK,try a European gig and see the difference.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 pm 
I agree. Great set, delivered with passion and verve as always. This crowd experience was the most disappointing ever for me, and I have seen the lads many, many, many times since 86 in all sorts of venues.

Generally concert crowds seem to have shifted to people more just going along even though they wouldn't count themselves as fans - this is true for most bands not just James. Maybe because they have been around so long people expect a greatest hits set, not sure how you can legislate for this for a large tour with mass ticketing (boys have got to pay the bills afterall).

I also think many bands don't tour albums in the same way James do, maybe promote the album and include a few off the album (singles) in a set but still pack it with "crowdpleasers". Shame because many of the songs they play on album tours become faves and some may never get an airing again even though people fall in love with them when they really get into the album in question. Think of the excitement "burned" got in the soundcheck....

In addition feels like we may have reached a tipping point with crowd mix. Definately lack of people dancing (and I don't mean Mosh Pits and lunatic meat heads). Crowd even from the front seem quite subdued, by James standards - possibly just a combination of all the factors above.

It is clear Tim was frustrated because as we know he feeds off the crowd and creates connections only James do, and with notable parts of the crowd disinterested must feel like being performing monkies.

All relative I suppose, especially when realising the dizzy standards they set.

That being said, I will still be buying tickets for their gigs as long as we still can.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 pm 
I agree. Great set, delivered with passion and verve as always. This crowd experience was the most disappointing ever for me, and I have seen the lads many, many, many times since 86 in all sorts of venues.

Generally concert crowds seem to have shifted to people more just going along even though they wouldn't count themselves as fans - this is true for most bands not just James. Maybe because they have been around so long people expect a greatest hits set, not sure how you can legislate for this for a large tour with mass ticketing (boys have got to pay the bills afterall).

I also think many bands don't tour albums in the same way James do, maybe promote the album and include a few off the album (singles) in a set but still pack it with "crowdpleasers". Shame because many of the songs they play on album tours become faves and some may never get an airing again even though people fall in love with them when they really get into the album in question. Think of the excitement "burned" got in the soundcheck....

In addition feels like we may have reached a tipping point with crowd mix. Definately lack of people dancing (and I don't mean Mosh Pits and lunatic meat heads). Crowd even from the front seem quite subdued, by James standards - possibly just a combination of all the factors above.

It is clear Tim was frustrated because as we know he feeds off the crowd and creates connections only James do, and with notable parts of the crowd disinterested must feel like being performing monkies.

All relative I suppose, especially when realising the dizzy standards they set.

That being said, I will still be buying tickets for their gigs as long as we still can.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:05 pm 
Totally agree with all of you.

I really enjoyed the gig and thought the new album sounded amazing live, but it was a bit spoiled by the incident with Tim during his crowd walk through. Fair play to him for keeping it together, I imagine it must have felt pretty scary/disappointing for him and it would have been easy for him to let things slide. True professional.

As for mobile phones and general chatter... don't get me started. It's infuriating and it seems to be getting worse. Especially at festivals - it's almost pointless trying to listen to a band. It's like the music has become secondary to getting out of it people taking selfies of themselves at a gig they never even heard. Grrr.

I was at a Richard Hawley gig recently and there's one really quiet song he does and he actually started the song again after making people shut up and listen. He did it in a jovial sort of way, so no one was pissed off, but it worked! Such a well behaved crowd for the rest of the gig.

I think the sunshine might have had a lot to do with it yesterday. So many people were just outside drinking all day. When we collected our tickets from the box office the girl told us not to lose them because they'd had loads of people coming in because they'd lost their tickets. I think that speaks volumes.

As for the new album/old favourites mix... that's a difficult one. Personally, my main reason for going was to hear the new album live. A lot of people obviously went to hear the old favourites and I don't think there's there's anything wrong with that.... BUT, it's billed as "The Girl at The End of the World Tour" so people really should get the idea that they're going to hear a lot of the album.
I've an idea!! Make it compulsory to buy the album when you buy a ticket to a gig :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:43 pm 
http://www.wearejames.com/blog/#a-note-from-tim

Hopefully the above link works from Tim's blog which puts last nights concert into perspective .

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 pm 
Enjoyed the concert but a few drunk's tried to spoilt it,l saw Stereophonics at Cardiff City stadium and
Kelly Jones stopped the concert and warned the drunk's to behave,loved the format of this concert,no-one better live than James,keep it going.