It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Leeds review
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:51 pm 
What an unbelievable night. Me and the wife's 5th time of seeing James and we were intrigued to see what the night would bring. Once again James did not disappoint. Right away we were impressed with the first direct area and how packed out it was, both standing and seating. The atmosphere was electric. Tim told the audience about the incident at Llandudno to which we didn't expect a lot of crowd interaction. They started with a beautiful rendition of 'top of the world' to which on the next song time was crowd surfing and in and amoungst the audience. It was so good to see! The songs played from the new album were amazing. The full set list was perfect. Adrian on the guitar solo for sometimes had it nailed on. A massive highlight for me was Andy's trumpet solo on 'sound' being right In the crowd and the way he was playing was surreal! My 2 favourite moments of the night was 'attention' the way they let it build and build (differing from the album version) then kicking off really got the place moving. Then 'nothing but love' the song is beautiful and as Tim said they don't normally write love songs as its a cliche, but when they do boy are they good!! GATEOTW for me is one of the finest albums I think they have ever written and the songs even better live. A sum up of the night was 2 friends of ours who had never seen James live and said the usual "I've only heard sit down." They came out of the gig and quoted "I've seen some gigs in my time but that was something else! I've never seen anything like it, amazing, truly amazing"

We are James!