It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Very Quiet
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 am 
How come this forum is now so quiet,lookin back thru the years this place used to be the James fan place to be.I know fb etc kinda killed forums,but still cmon,im a user of other band forums and this is the worst for fan interaction.Us James fans should be pretty happy right now,off the back of a great number two album and a lengthy UK tour which were both well recieved by fans and reviews too.Also Castlefield mark two coming up and many festival headline slots aswell to keep our James fixes at bay as we wait for a new album,prob next year.Anyway lets see,how many going Castlefield,loved the last one and a great venue.So can you guys come say hello in the comments,say your name or username,your next James gig,fav James song.As for me im Heavens a 44(shhh)year old James fan,from Yorkshire but lived in Lancs for last ten plus year,my next James fix is at my fav outdoor venue,Castlefield,my fav song is Heavens,which funny enuf they played at Castlefied,a very rare treat as its not played live v often,but at the mo im lovin the Brixton version from afew year back of Five-0 with Saul on violin and Andy and Jim all playing around each other,so talented.Right then im buggerin off,i do prattle on,I KNOW,lol.Please say hi and lets kick some life back into this forum,even with 10 or so we can still chat James shit together.NOTHING BUT LOVE

Post subject: Re: Very Quiet
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm 
I think your right Facebook killed it. It's a real shame as when it comes to discussing the band you cant beat a forum. I have to admit i'm anti FB anyway, I just don't get it. When it comes to discussing something (like the band) properly FB just doesn't seem set up for it.
I have to say this forum has in the past had all kinds of cliquey childish bullying behavior, which has i'm sure put a lot of people off. Even when it was a busy forum it was hard to get people to discuss band related topics. Some would rather hijack the topic and talk about what they'd been eating that day (Classic facebook subjects).
The forum is pretty much dead so maybe now is a good time to start again. Try and get the thing going !? You never know. Like you say it may not take many.
Good call on Heavens by the way. It's always been right up there as one of my favourites.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:06 am 
Cmon guys n girls 36 views this post has had and one reply,im the same as Wardy with the fb thing and dont bother so i just want a place i can chat about James,music,records,gigs,members,new material etc,anything James related really.I know this page has had past problems which Wardy touched upon but lets start anew and see how it goes,i know the page has the numbers to get it going again,at the mo and always my experience of this site on a daily basic is check news,check live,check blog when band on tour and then check forum,in that order but the forum should be higher up the list.Even if a tiny per cent contribute on a daily basis and afew more will start to join in,hopefully,as a kinda trial im gna post a question every day for 7 days,if i get 20-30 replies over the week,thats only 3/4 per question then at least we have a foundation,every member must be James fans so lets hear your views,it only takes a min or two to comment or ask a question yourself and if we all reply to each others comments it will start to grow.Cmon please surprise me and lets get that 20-30 cos this forum is more or less done in at the moment and us fans and the band deserve better than that so lets give this page the kick up the arse it needs and give the band a page they would want to read thru.dont know if the band read it anyway(i remember when Mani was in Primal Scream,he was a member of the Screamadelica page and came and chatted quite a bit,Mr Gary he was named,stopped when he got back wi the Roses)but if they did they aint much to see really.Im gna go now,lecture over and post a question or two but my replies wont be counted.Please join the James crusade and thanks for stayin awake thru that,haha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 pm 
Not a facebooker either and like you guys just don't get how quiet this place is.
For a band with so many top 20 hits that to this day still play so many festivals they have always somehow been a bit under the mass appeal radar.
The last two albums both deserved far wider airplay and mainstream acclaim than they received and why the YouTube video to Moving On only has 490k views is ridiculous. The band and their music deserve far better recognition.

Thing that's baffling about here though is when you go to the concerts it's obvious that there is still a fairly large fan base out there who know the new as well as the old songs but for some reason nobody comes on here to say how much they love them. Expected far more comment about the album and how the tours dates had gone last year but there was next to nothing.

Can't wait till 29th July to see them in Newcastle. Will be my 5th concert since La Petite Mort release, a couple in the SSE Hydro, Princes Street Gardens and Scarborough. Scarborough a crap venue for a James concert but got to hear first ever rendition of Nothing But Love there. Princes Street at the foot of Edinburgh Castle was great, closed the set accompanied by fireworks with On Top of the World which was a one off experience.
Just feel they are such a brilliant band that I want to see them as much as I can. The guys are at an age now where anything could happen to cause them to no longer make music or tour so just got to enjoy it while we can.
For me Bells and Sometimes are still live favourites but there are so many great songs I rarely come away dissapointed that they didn't to this or that one. With you about Five-0 great performed live and a bit under used by them lately. Great performance of it from Haldern festival in Germany on YouTube.

I am probably as guilty as anyone for not posting enough. Forgotten my username and can't re-register as tells me e-mail already in use so will remain as guest for now.