It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: upcoming gigs/setlists
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm 
Hi guys,with Castlefield fast approaching and a string of festival dates coming up what new old songs are you guys wantin to hear,i heard that Gold Mother is coming back.As for me its Heavens as its so underused,also What For,i know it was on the Girl tour but its class Live.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm 
Got to be honest i'm not going to Castlefield bowl. 50 quids too pricey as i'm hoping they may do a tour at some point so i'll save my money for that. Not really into festivals any more for various reasons, so as I say i'm hoping they may tour before or after a new album.
To answer your question I love to hear anything new at a james gig most. Old stuff - All my sons, Assassin, Fine, Honest Joe, Homeboy cos I think their great, great live and I've not heard them live in ages (I think Honest joe may have been played on a recent tour...?).
It gets played but Ring the bells as it's right up there as one of my favourite live james songs.
It will never get played sadly but the best thing on The Gathering Sound box set for me was the never studio recorded 'Announcement'. I think it's an Amazing song ! It's a live recording from I think about 1982. The recording quality is poor but It's like a hidden gem that's been lost all these years. Typical james to have this great tune, so passionate sounding, amazing song and not to do anything with it !! This recording as great as it is to have is just not enough for me, I can't get enough of it ! :) so I'd choose this as my Never going to happen, personal play live choice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm 
By the way I Agree with your live choices. Heavens has always been one of my favourite james songs and is definitely underused. I'm sure I remember What for being played on a recent tour ? but it's always been great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:55 pm 
Did you do the last Castlefield gig Wardy,i agree that its pricey but i just love that venue so its a no brainer for me and they did a cracking show with a great setlist.Some great song choices too,i love Bells aswell but apart for Castlefield i never seem to hear it live.Also wanna hear Johnny Yen,its so good live and Top of The World too which they opend with last time i saw them but i just love it,god there are so many.
Am kinda fifty fifty with festivals but nowadays its like every Town,City and Village has one.I usually do Bingley as im from Bradford but live in Burnley now so its a chance to go home and catch up wi old pals while doin a festival.Glad to say my days of pitching tents finished at V2012,i vowed never again,haha.Festivals a bit like big outdoor gigs are what they are,you kinda expect the hassle.My biggest hate at festivals is talkers,any gig really but get more at festivals.Also its a reason for bands to do more festivals than their own gigs.Really hope James do a short Dec tour,they keep mentioning that they wanna do a Jam show,no setlist just them on stage Jammin and Tim makin up songs,bit like Wah Wah i think.Id love to see that,maybe an hour of that and an hour of new n old stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 am 
I've not been to castlefield but it looks good for an open air venue. Do they just have one support or is it like a festival ?
I've not ever heard of the jamming at a gig thing ! That sounds fantastic if it happened !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:36 pm 
No not really a festival,gates open at five i think and each time ive been its been two support bands on,Starsailor and Blossoms last time James played there.Just a great venue and pretty much in Manchester City Centre.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am 
Great that it's in the city. I remember the Move festival and loved the fact it was in the city. Always a great line up as well ! Tim Booth was there in 2004.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:03 am 
What happend to the Move festival?..Its a pity more bands dont use Castlefield,a great outdoor alternative to Heaton etc and 8000 still a decent size crowd.