It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:43 am 

EP REVIEW - james - Better Than That

“James are still searching for new ways to challenge themselves and us, their audience, by experimenting, refusing to let songs simply stagnate or follow a traditional structure. They're still angry at the world, unafraid to comment and unprepared to compromise, yet can still also pull off those yearning beautiful songs they've mastered over the years.”

http://www.eventhestars.co.uk/2018/05/j ... p.html?m=0

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 am 
Great review. I wonder if there might be a further ep release later in the year (after the album release), with the likes of Overdose, Trouble and Backward Glances included, along with a further single form the album? Or maybe these were ditched completely in the recording process.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 pm 
'The Better Than That EP whets the appetite for a record that will be mostly full of songs that haven't been heard by the fan base, as most of the songs previewed last summer have fallen by the wayside.' (OOTT)

Wtf? Flabberghasted if the Band have cast aside hugely promising songs like 'Many Faces' and 'Overload.' Please NOOOOO !!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:11 am 
Gaze - no I am sure 'Many Faces' will be on album. I think this was only played in December and not during summer gigs.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:34 am 
[quote="Islandswing"]Gaze - no I am sure 'Many Faces' will be on album. I think this was only played in December and not during summer gigs.[/quote]Thanks, that's a relief. Shame about Overdose if it misses the cut, has the makings of a really good single.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:27 am 
Whahey!! A demo version of Overdose is to be included as a bonus track on the de luxe CD edition of the Band's new album Living in Extraordinary Times.

And sure enough Many Faces is also in there on the main album.

Whooppeeeeee!