It is currently Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 pm 

wow lots of stressed ppl re the orchestra tour/the ticket buying/the price . . .i have booked for the Liverpool Philharmonic ! Its not intimate like the academy's . . .but its a one off, its what James want to do and I wanna see it. I missed Versus cancer but the clips looked fab ! I can prob only afford the one gig, but during normal tours i go once maybe twice . . .I cant believ how much moaning there is !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm 
Well said, I too am looking forward to the gig...........I think it's gonna be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 pm 
I think it's important to set the ticket buying issue aside from moaning about the orchestra thing and the price!

I am REALLY excited about the collaboration, I think it's going to be an awesome gig, and because of what it is I have absolutely NO qualms about paying twice as much for this gig as I usually do. I agree that the fussing about them doing this particular show is a bit daft - if you're not interested you don't have to go - there will be other, 'normal' gigs in the future.

However, it's BECAUSE I want to go so badly and get the best seats possible that I am so angry about the major cock-up with the stupid ticket website. It's totally unnecessary and thoroughly frustrating, and whoop-de-doo that you got tickets - some people missed out on the presale solely because of the stupid crowdsurge website, so I'd say they have every right to feel pissed off that they haven't been able to take advantage of this deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 pm 

not the mention what it cost me every time; hotel plane tickets etc.

But what the hell I don't drink don't smoke and work 6 days a week or more let me have my addiction

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 pm 
johnbiek wrote:
don't drink don't smoke

What do you do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am 
hah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 pm 

Helen Juon wrote:
johnbiek wrote:
don't drink don't smoke

What do you do?

working and something with 126 HP on 2 wheels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:36 pm 

I am so glad I decided to wait and get my ticket nearer the time. Sounds like I saved myself a lot of rage that I can really do without. I went to a morrissey gig that was all seated once and just went and stood at the front anyway. Didn't even get lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm 

I went to see Morrissey at the Bridgewater Hall once...dont remember people movin out of there seats much....there gonna be much slower paced gigs i feel,dont think it matters much where you sit (the Bridgewater has got a really good acoustics i cant wait...gonna be special)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 pm 

I think I was in a minority. It will be very strange being seated at a James gig. Really don't like the idea of it at all, but then again I have never felt the urge to get up and dance to an orchestra before, so maybe it'll all work out right on the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 am 
The Hammersmith gig last year was seated and it was amazing. First part was very mellow and haunting, nobody stood up, but later on it was classic James carnage - everyone on their feet, Tim and Andy roaming the audience, stage invasion, dancing in the aisles, the whole bit. The fact it was seated meant no barrier between band and audience, which enabled even more audience interaction than usual.

I don't see why having an orchestra should make it more sedate - they're still gonna be playing James songs, not the frickin Blue Danube waltz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:27 am 
I am quite excited for it its gonna be different and i normally prefer intimate academy gigs but i feel this is gonna be ace! Hoping to get Manchester as well as Liverpool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 am 
hammersmith was one of the best James gigs I've ever been to and I was dead against it cos of the seating but it turned out it adds to the feel... sitting on edge of seat as your excitement builds and adrenalin rushes actualy enhances the gig.

yeh, I know. weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 am 
ray a drop of golden sun! I'm happy to get 2 tix, 1st tier row 2 at nottingham, aft 15 mins on box office line and rather cool they're sending in post today. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 am 
That's true! Especially during this time that people are seeking for help amidst pandemic. They need to be calm down.

Ian with https://www.bostonmahoodcleaning.com