It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:07 pm 
oi if theres any ripping of throats arms legs torsos etc get to the back of the queue i'll av the lotta yer

capiche?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:50 pm 

Guildford Ghost wrote:
I've just had an e-mail via this site from the eBayer called 'thenumberpurple'.

I would cut and paste the lot but I know there are regulations with copyright laws when you post up personal correspondence without permission, and, given his e-mail, it is unlikely he'd grant it.

Though he could have put this up himself, he says in the e-mail that he obtained a lot of copies of the live CD and has sent them out at cost price to James fans worldwide, naming quite a few people I know fairly well on this site.

He then says that this particular auction on eBay is for charity, and also tells me why.

All this is admirable and there is, of course, no way I could have known this.

He then ends his e-mail thus :

Now I suggest that you get your arse in gear and remove the name "thenumberpurple" from your list and make a real humble and public apology.

Otherwise I will come and find you and rip your fucking throat out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have forwarded his e-mail to admin and I would like to inform him that such threats are actually criminal acts and, being in receipt of his e-mail, I would be perfectly at liberty to contact the police on the strength of what I've just received.

GG the latter is not necessary - quite right you are at Liberty to contact the Police but i dont thing Sting and crew are the right approach - thats torture!!! Oh you mean THE police - the ones who dress para military style and have cropped hair and as a collective are working towards their first NVQ in not scraping knuckles on the ground as they put the boot in - all in the name of 'LIBERTY'

Jesting apart my good man equally calling someone a wanker is deformation of character that person equally at Liberty to call the Police! At the end of the day your heart was in the right place with the original post but the devil found a bit of an in road as you hadnt done the homework (ignorance is no defence in law!) - and you got the context wrong in what is a very emotive subject and i can see that side of it quite clearly - i would do exactly the same as i think any of us would.

As it stands overall i think it can be seen that there is a bit of tension on the forum - this seems to be normal after the end of a James season - lets step back from the edge of the cliff folks and take a breath - afterall its not as if they wont be outing again next year!!!

Group hug please!

Ta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 pm 

Zip - sorry I misinterpreted the intention of ripping my fucking throat out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 pm 

Guildford Ghost wrote:
Zip - sorry I misinterpreted the intention of ripping my fucking throat out.

I'm choked!

(or would an arm lick be preferable!!!)

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 pm 
Back to the original subject....

I have two spare for the first two people who email me using the nifty email thingy.

£10 each + postage.

These are now gone, sorry!

Last edited by robin on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 2008 tours
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
i went to seejames twice this year blackpool in april and machester 20th dec
ican honestly say i was blown away
thanks boys keep up the good work
see you 2009 thanks nidge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 pm 

Honestly JAMES HQ...

What you needed was P.O. Box, my Paypal account and someone in need of a bit of extra cash to do it all for you from one central location.....

Tsk tsk tsk....

Now if you'd have asked me...I have a car service to pay for!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:00 pm 
Hey guys, I've at least one spare copy of the live cd for the first person to email me. It's easier than me emailing everyone who's asked for one I'm afraid. A tenner plus whatever it costs to cover postage'll be splendid, and I'll post to anywhere in the world. And if my james loving friend in Canada isn't bothered about the other copy, that may well go up too.

*edit* both have gone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:55 pm 
Wanted to say a quick thanks to Takemeanywhere for hooking me up. The gig is LOVELY... great version of Senorita on there... much appreciation...

Also thanks to the other kind user who contacted me to see if I had one already (when I did) - don't know how many are still waiting - i'm sure some are - but thanks to the community in general for rallying to ensure many of us could get our grubby mitts on some fine James swag!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 am 
Hi all, hope someone out there is kind, I had to sell on my tickets for the manchester gig on the 20th due to work, I sold my tickets at a loss of £30 which I didnt mind as the girl that got them was a big James fan also...but the bloody thing is I forgot to ask her to get a CD for me....if you can help please drop me a line smas69@blueyonder.co.uk

cheers and all the best

Steve m

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:01 am 
smas69 wrote:
Hi all, hope someone out there is kind, I had to sell on my tickets for the manchester gig on the 20th due to work, I sold my tickets at a loss of £30 which I didnt mind as the girl that got them was a big James fan also...but the bloody thing is I forgot to ask her to get a CD for me....if you can help please drop me a line smas69@blueyonder.co.uk

cheers and all the best

Steve m

Hi, just tried to email you but it's been sent back undeliverable, is that the right address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:53 pm 
I no longer need a copy, thanks to Dave Os, really made my christmas this has, cheers.

Post subject: Any hope still out there
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:29 pm 
ACP If you don't get a response and still have a copy, i'm interested...please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 am 
You might have better luck leaving a way for people to contact you.

Post subject: Email ready
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:05 pm 
ha ha...thanks, just realised i removed my email for a while!! Do you still have a copy then? or ANYONE else

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
Hello- I recognize this is a long shot at this point, but I'd love to own a copy of Live in 2008. My James collection is nearly complete, missing only the new Live CD as well as One Man Clapping. Please contact me if you can help at hamer@msu.edu. I live in Michigan, USA. Have a great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:39 pm 

souldriver wrote:
I no longer need a copy, thanks to Dave Os, really made my christmas this has, cheers.

I'm still awaiting replies from two others.to see if they still require one, otherwise I will have two more on offer at cost plus P&P. ( hope TNT dont take over Royal Mail, and put the cost of first class to a tenner )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:52 pm 
A MASSIVE thankyou shout to JS (you know who you are) for sorting me out ;)

Cracking stuff. Driving my family nuts now on a constant loop between Live 2008 and One Man Clappng

Happy New Year, all you crazy cats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:32 pm 

Dave Os. wrote:
souldriver wrote:

I'm still awaiting replies from two others.to see if they still require one, otherwise I will have two more on offer at cost plus P&P. ( hope TNT dont take over Royal Mail, and put the cost of first class to a tenner )

The 2 CDs have now gone, both to the USA,
Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:02 am 

Hello fellow James fans...brand new to the forums. Glad to be here!

I'm a long time fan in Toronto, Canada. I only just found out about this live CD. Does anyone have an extra copy they'd be willing to sell at a reasonable price? I have a Paypal account as well.

Thanks very much!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next