It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: is it too late?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:17 am 

if it's not too late i'd like a copy too!

jennie.ann@verizon.net

jennie dot ann at verizon dot net

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: James CD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 pm 
Hi, I am in Australia and thus unable to go to any tours. If anyone can send me a CD of the tour I would be very grateful. Postage costs etc will of course be covered. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. Stuart

Post subject: james live cd 2008
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 am 
Hi im a huge fan, im in NYC and would love to get a copy, thanks in advance...

Post subject: James Live in 2008 CD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 pm 
If someone has another copy of the CD, I'd love to buy one. Or borrow it, with pay, and rip it to my iTunes library.

To James and their management: We in the USA would love the opportunity to buy the James Live in 2008 CD, either as a physical CD or download it from iTunes, etc. Please let all of us know, who could not make to any of the UK gigs to purchase this CD in person, if this accommodation could be made possible. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:26 pm 
On eBay:

There are two copies:

one for £42.80 (US $58.84)
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAMES-LIVE-IN-2008- ... 0147103404

and another for £26.25 (US $36.09)
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-James-live-in- ... 1|294%3A50

it is a damn shame to have to pay this much, as this money could be going right to the band...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:45 am 

Thank you so very much to the James fan who shares the band's name :)

The pencil is awesome! Can't wait to listen to this album!

Thank you times a billion! James fans are the nicest folks ever!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm 
dsuspanic wrote:
If someone has another copy of the CD, I'd love to buy one. Or borrow it, with pay, and rip it to my iTunes library.

To James and their management: We in the USA would love the opportunity to buy the James Live in 2008 CD, either as a physical CD or download it from iTunes, etc. Please let all of us know, who could not make to any of the UK gigs to purchase this CD in person, if this accommodation could be made possible. Thanks.

Same here - I saw the show in at the El Rey in LA last year and am completely crushed to not be able to get this live CD. That show was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I don't want to download the songs, but I would like there to be an option for US fans to buy this CD - I want to own the real thing and not have to pay $60+.

If there is a kind soul out there with an extra copy, I would gladly paypal the money for it - I've got good feedback on ebay to back it up if it helps. Help me relive that great show at the El Rey, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm 

The Live in 2008 CD is recorded from the UK shows in April, NOT the US shows.

I feel James will do the same when they next tour the US, take the best songs from the US gigs last year and sell them to the US fans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am 
just to put the cat out there..... america gigs were WAY BETTER than the uk ones.,...

in my humble opinion......of the ones i went to.

Post subject: james cd live
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 pm 
greetings. i had tickets to see james at camden and was unfortunately sick - so gutted.
i would really love to get hold of the live cd. i've been a fan since forever.
can anybody help - i know that the james' fans are one of a kind, and are soulful people. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Any thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:31 pm 

Ok so heres the deal. I have listened to the James album I have owned now for 3 + years (best of James that is) and I'm now ready to move on to some more of his work because I know there is a lot more to James then whats on that album. My question for everyone out there is if you were to go out and buy a couple of James albums which ones would you recommend. Also I am very much into live music....jam bands like Radiohead, Wilco, My Morning Jacket, etc and wanted to know what shows you guys would suggest that I look for out there and or if there is anyone on here that has any recorded stuff to share. Look forward to the almighty words of wisdom from James gang......Thanks.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm 
Isn't it nice to know that someone in America who's been sent a Live CD (presumably) is now flogging what was probably sent to them in good faith at cost, for profit.

Item number: 160312170717

Well done 'toddarino'.

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 pm 

Not being one that goes onto blogs/ forums/chat rooms that often I'm a little lost by your comments.......I'm actually looking for a couple of those Live 2008 cd's for friends of mine that helped me out this year while I was faced with the most challenging test I have been faced with in my life so far. The intention of me purchasing them is not to re-sell (i'm already getting robbed as is) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cd's will be worth it and my friends will appreciate it. Thanks for your suggestions on albums to buy. Now I've never heard of "toddarino"..... please inform.

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:08 pm 
zkind726 wrote:
Not being one that goes onto blogs/ forums/chat rooms that often I'm a little lost by your comments.......I'm actually looking for a couple of those Live 2008 cd's for friends of mine that helped me out this year while I was faced with the most challenging test I have been faced with in my life so far. The intention of me purchasing them is not to re-sell (i'm already getting robbed as is) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cd's will be worth it and my friends will appreciate it. Thanks for your suggestions on albums to buy. Now I've never heard of "toddarino"..... please inform.

No, certainly wasn't referring to you there - sorry - I found this on ebay today and it annoyed me. Most people who have been helped by this thread and have been sent Live 2008 wouldn't dream of it, I just hope this toddarino person isn't someone who's got their CD via us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:22 pm 

I've sent nothing to California thankfully :)

As for this question
Quote:
My question for everyone out there is if you were to go out and buy a couple of James albums which ones would you recommend. Also I am very much into live music...

One of the first I picked up was the 'Getting Away With It (Live) DVD', which introduced me to many more of the bands songs. After that I'd recommend purchasing 'Seven' and 'Strip Mine'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 pm 
a lot more people can get help , if only they registered and left an email address.
seriously , how do you think we can get in touch with you if you leave no contact details.

Post subject: toddarino
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:10 pm 

Okay Porcupine if I'm reading this word correctly "toddarino" that is, you'd be referring to a Jackass more or less correct?

Post subject: Re: toddarino
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:52 pm 
zkind726 wrote:
Okay Porcupine if I'm reading this word correctly "toddarino" that is, you'd be referring to a Jackass more or less correct?

toddarino is the ebay name of the jackass selling the Live CD from the US on ebay. Seems quite proud that he/she's the only one in the US selling it. Arsehole. Or more likely, Asshole! ;o)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 am 

If anyone possible could help me, email me at steenlarsen@gmail.com

Post subject: Want a copt
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:36 am 
I would love a copy! We are in the US, saw the Anaheim CA show and, of course, cd's weren't available yet. I have a paypal account.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next