It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 am 
There's lots of confusion about this VIP stuff, and I think different people are being told different things by the ticket vendors.

I just spoke to seetickets about my Brixton upgrade and they told me it is NOT a matter of just turning up and showing your ID and confirmation. You CAN do that, but ONLY if you have phoned up and made an arrangement to collect your tickets at the venue. If you haven't received them by 'at least' 24 hours before the show, he said you have to phone up and arrange a collect-at-venue thing. I arranged to collect my tickets at the venue as I don't trust they'll get to me in time and I don't want the stress of not being able to get through on the phone with only 24 hours to go.

I said I thought other people might have been told that they could just turn up with the email and photo ID and he said you have to have made this arrangement in advance. I asked about this photo ID stuff and he said that's only for if you haven't got the card you booked with.

I'm still a little wary because when I asked him what time I had to be there are he said '5pm', which can't be the case as we've been told to get there for 4:30 for soundchecks so I'm worried he might be a little clueless. However, hopefully, HOPEFULLY, my upgrade tickets will be there when I turn up on the day...

And since I was on the phone I also asked about Manchester tickets and he said they're being dispatched today so we should get them soon, in case anyone's worried!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 am 

I swear I'm going to have gone completely grey time this gig rolls around

Im panicking about my lack of tickets, and this on top of that! Do we have confirmation emails for the dispatch of these or will they just come out registerd post?

Theres summat waiting at the sorting office for me that Im collecting tomorrow, though, I get the feeling it's gunna be a dress and not my VIP tickets.. haha ]:

Aw, Il have to give them a bell if it's not the tickets Im picking up tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 am 

just use the online tracker

I have to collect them at the Hammersmith and Brixton, no need to ring first!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:22 pm 
Bambi wrote:
I swear I'm going to have gone completely grey time this gig rolls around

Im panicking about my lack of tickets, and this on top of that! Do we have confirmation emails for the dispatch of these or will they just come out registerd post?

Theres summat waiting at the sorting office for me that Im collecting tomorrow, though, I get the feeling it's gunna be a dress and not my VIP tickets.. haha ]:

Aw, Il have to give them a bell if it's not the tickets Im picking up tomorrow

Look at the online tracker, that will say if they've been sent out. I don't think any of them have been sent though. Your best best is probably to arrange to collect at the venue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 pm 
johnbiek wrote:
just use the online tracker

I have to collect them at the Hammersmith and Brixton, no need to ring first!

John

But that's presumably because you originally booked them to collect at the venue.

This is for people who have booked VIP upgrades to be sent out - if you've done that then you have to phone to rearrange collection at the venue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm 
I haven't arranged to collect them at the venue and this is what i got when i used the seetickets order tracker;

Artist / Event JAMES - EXCLUSIVE FAN ACCESS
Venue O2 Academy Birmingham
Town Birmingham
Day SUNDAY
Date of show 12/12/2010
Date booked 22/11/2010
Time booked 18.14
Order Details 1 x FAN UPGRADE at £20.00
Total Value £22.00 (including £2.00 transaction fee)
Order Status Order will be available for collection from the venue at the time of the event (please remember to take your credit card and reference number)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 pm 
Just had this from Seetickets

We are writing regarding your 2 order for JAMES - EXCLUSIVE FAN ACCESS
at Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester.

Please note, you will not be sent a physical ticket for your upgrade,
your names will be on the VIP list at the box office, where you will
need to check in upon arrival. Please bring your standard ticket,
order reference for the upgrade (*********) and photo I.D. which
matches the name on the order.

You will need to be at the venue from 4.30pm for the soundcheck and Q&A
session, latecomers may not be admitted so please arrive early.

Kind regards

See Tickets Customer Services

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 pm 
Yep, I just got that too. So the bloke on the phone was talkin oot his bum. He got really stroppy when I questioned if what he was saying was definitely the case as well...

Ach well, at least now we know! Woohoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 pm 

Ive not had no email yet ]:

And on the site its saying that they havent been recieved/despatched yet, so do some folk get physical ones? Aw this is so annoying

Im off to the SECC if that makes a blind bit of difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm 

hi im going hamersmith have been told they will be there!! ill turn up at 4pm just incase there is any confusion so anyone going to hamersmith vip best do the same looking forward to it cant wait im staying in hamersmith tomorow as thursday could be chaotic with all the students causing dissruptions on thursday anyone got a spare 2008 live cd for sale bring it ill buy its the only one i havent got as i opted for a tshirt instead at brixton trust me now its hard to get hold of.........see you all thursday then guys take care all cheers Robert!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

got this email as well, but i'm not doing birmingham now & was going to give my ticket away...how do i do that now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm 
andy not logged wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

got this email as well, but i'm not doing birmingham now & was going to give my ticket away...how do i do that now?

forward email to the person youre giving it to with your permission for them to use your ticket. call venue to confirm persons name who's having it. they will need to take ID to prove who they are.

s'really not a big deal to panic about.

the only thing actually wrong with this whole picture is the fact they charge a fortune for delivery of tickets, then rarely friggin deliver. people should be demanding a refund from the ticket issuer for that kind of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm 
andy not logged wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Oh, that's a pain! Maybe phone them and see if it can be transferred to someone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 pm 
Jabbsy wrote:

forward email to the person youre giving it to with your permission for them to use your ticket. call venue to confirm persons name who's having it. they will need to take ID to prove who they are.

sounds like a good idea jabbs, but on the website there's this.

Can a third party collect my tickets from the box office?

No. The cardholder needs to collect and produce the credit card used to make payment and sign a receipt. This is part of the credit card merchant agreement and is in place to protect both See and the cardholder from potential credit card fraud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm 
andy not logged wrote:
Jabbsy wrote:

sounds like a good idea jabbs, but on the website there's this.

Can a third party collect my tickets from the box office?

No. The cardholder needs to collect and produce the credit card used to make payment and sign a receipt. This is part of the credit card merchant agreement and is in place to protect both See and the cardholder from potential credit card fraud.

Though it might be different for the upgrade as it's not an actual ticket.... maybe?

It does say photo ID that matches the name on the order.... could the person who gets the ticket take a photocopy of your ID or something....???

I still think it's worth phoning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm 
plenty of folk out there order tickets for other people all the time... just ring the venue rather than deliberating over it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 pm 

Just got an email saying that i wont be sent a physical ticket and that my name will be on a VIP list at the venue,just gotta take my ref number and photo i.d!

Pheww!!!

Panic OVER!!!!