It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: FAO Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:23 am 
'Him over there' is starting to post some really offensive messages on this forum that in no way represent the true spirit of James and Tim Booth fans and which could also be regarded as personal threats.

In the past you have demonstrated your ability to censor the content of harmless posts on this forum and also edit the usernames of people you don't like.

To ensure that real fans feel safe posting messages on here can you now use some warranted discretion and censor some of the aggressively offensive remarks by Him over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am 
haha.... because he "outed" you Investigate???

for the record, i find it more offensive to have every last "conversation" with you end with being called a nazi and/or a bunch of hateful/conspiracy/bnp pictures posted without any neccessary connection to the conversation being had.

i say conversation in "s because whenever you post some "factual" piece of information, you never follow it up with any kind of answer to the questions youre asked - instead just get defensive and start calling people a nazi or a racist then you have the gall to complain to admin?

i realise you're trying to do a good thing by spreading the tim booth word but really, by inspiring such hateful and defensive posts, youre the one being aggressive and rude.

you want true spirit - chill the fuck out and stop thinking the world is out to get you.

admin adds usernames to those GUESTS who continuously slag people off. admin doesnt edit people who log in unless they post personal details of another user. its clearly stated what admin will do in that sticky post at the top of the forum.

admin wrote:
Update (Aug 2009): A few words on the Guest feature and freedom of speech.

The Guest posting function is enabled here so that people who would like to discuss James, ask questions, or speak to fellow James fans about whatever they wish, may do so without having to supply an email address or set up an account with us. We feel this is important. It is not, however, meant to facilitate anonymous abuse, or bullying on the forum, nor is it intended to be used to make gratuitously foul remarks which serve no purpose other than to offend.

We feel strongly about free speech on the forum, and continue our policy of not moderating, editing, or deleting posts by registered members. Guests are most welcome, and the vast majority of them will enjoy the same freedom. However, the few individuals who are flagrantly and continually abusing the Guest feature may find some of their posts removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm 
Jabbsy, in your reply you said the following:

i say conversation in "s because whenever you post some "factual" piece of information, you never follow it up with any kind of answer to the questions youre asked - instead just get defensive and start calling people a nazi or a racist then you have the gall to complain to admin?

Jabbsy, can you provide factual evidence to back up this statement? Perhaps you could post some links to them? I think it's important that you validate this statement with factual evidence in order to restore your credibility. Like admin said, this forum is all about free speech and not bullying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 pm 
you know what the hell im talking about so stop talking claptrap in an attempt to help YOURSELF gain an ounce of credibility.

you only have to look at the last thread you made to see me asking a question youve failed to answer other than to say you forgive me like some sort of patronising vicar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 am 
This is gonna be a great thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 am 
Jabbsy wrote:
you know what the hell im talking about so stop talking claptrap in an attempt to help YOURSELF gain an ounce of credibility.

you only have to look at the last thread you made to see me asking a question youve failed to answer other than to say you forgive me like some sort of patronising vicar

Your response wouldn't hold up in a court of law but to avoid you losing anymore credibility and to also avoid having your supporters losing faith in you, I have to decided to follow Tim Booth's example and simply say: I forgive you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 am 
Just a tad concerned the way the rest of those lyrics pan out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I forgive you.

am surprised you managed to get the words out - is it not a bit muffled with your head up there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 pm 
Jabbsy wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I forgive you.

am surprised you managed to get the words out - is it not a bit muffled with your head up there?

If you're not a fan of Tim Booth then perhaps you're following the wrong band. However, I'm sure we're all big to forgive you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:22 pm 
When did Tim make you his spokesperson? I hope you got yourself a good deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:51 pm 
i hope someone got something out of it cos tim certainly didnt get a very good spokesperson.