It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: James live
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm 
I really want to go to see james, but dont know anyone else who likes them. Does anyone ever go on their own or is that just really sad??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm 
Been to loads of James gigs on my own went to Portugal and America last year on my own. Have mates who will watch them over here but not daft enough to go abroad to watch them. Best bet is to look out for meets before most people i have met have been pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 am 

Years ago a thought occurred to me: Stay at home and miss a good show?? or
Go by myself??

I've been to tons of shows by myself.. nothing sad about it. Why miss out on a great time? Most times I've gone solo I've met some cool people... and got up close if it's GA.

Go for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:54 am 
Nothing sad about going to see something you love on your own...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am 
Like your withered tackle.

Post subject: Go for it
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm 
Em - you should go for it - particularly if you are thinking of going out to South America! It's bound to be an awesome show and you will meet loads of great people.
Although it is nice to have someone to travel with especially if you want to get out and see the coutnryside too - perhaps try to meet up with some others first and join them.
Hell if i can wangle redundancy I will probably be there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm 

Em....i know full well where your coming from. I too used to worry about the thought of going to things on my own....stupidly worrying about looking like a billy no mates.
Now....if i had to go to something myself...i would. Just get befreinding peeps on here and im sure you will find someone who will be at the gigs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am 
Usually go to several gigs each uk tour, some with mates, some not. If i had to stay away from the ones my friends either can't or don't wanna go to i'd have missed out on some of the best nights of my life for sure.

When I'm on my own I make a point of chatting to others around me. I find most people are only too happy to share their passion for the best band in the world - especially when they've come from abroad, which is surprisingly often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 am 
Like Gaze said...sometimes the best part is meeting strangers that share your passion...you quickly become fast friends...

And sometimes going to a show with someone that is just doing it to hang with you...well that doesn't prove to be fun (during the show)...

Post subject: James live
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm 
Thanks everyone, if i can get a ticket will def go

Post subject: Re: James live
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 pm 
Em wrote:
I really want to go to see james, but dont know anyone else who likes them. Does anyone ever go on their own or is that just really sad??

I can hold your hand from your house to the concert

:)