It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: BAN BLOODY PHONES
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 am 
As a 45 year old I can remember going to gigs without the scourge of people insisting in faffing around with their phones getting a pic and forgetting to enjoy the moment.

This is a cancer destroying gigs and taking away the euphoria of the moment. Death by hanging is the only sentence I see as a reasonable deterrent.

BAN THE PHONE AT GIGS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:39 am 

i beg to differ sir

capture the moment...or lose it forever.

but do it discreetly.... like me :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:59 am 
i would rather ban booze...fones never bothererd me but drunk blokes always pushing with no regard for others hacks me off no end

Post subject: Re: BAN BLOODY PHONES
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:24 pm 

I HATE CAMERA PHONES wrote:
As a 45 year old I can remember going to gigs without the scourge of people insisting in faffing around with their phones getting a pic and forgetting to enjoy the moment.

This is a cancer destroying gigs and taking away the euphoria of the moment. Death by hanging is the only sentence I see as a reasonable deterrent.

BAN THE PHONE AT GIGS!

So you never watch live YouTube clips of gigs other than official recordings? You're missing out big time, my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:29 pm 
c_knox1 wrote:
i would rather ban booze...fones never bothererd me but drunk blokes always pushing with no regard for others hacks me off no end

What and women don't drink! And they do barge as well "think they are ladies" so us blokes won't get naffed when they barge through us because most are banking on their tits and nice hair should get them to the front and most men ogle or try a cheeky elbow tit You Know Who You Are !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 pm 
not sure some shitty mobile footage is ever really worth bothering to look at, nothing like being there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
not sure some shitty mobile footage is ever really worth bothering to look at, nothing like being there!

really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5j82EeM_5M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:32 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5j82EeM_5M

Effin Amazing!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 pm 

I record at gigs but only when I am on the barrier and I keep it low so as not to get in peoples line of sight. Phones can be really annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 pm 
I HATE CAMERA PHONES wrote:

BAN THE PHONE AT GIGS!

This is the new generation. In the future, people will see our generation and see everyone looking at their phone... at ALL times (childbirth, wedding, funeral, meeting the Queen, etc)

Living in the moment is not today's forte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:15 pm 
Agree 100% with the opening post. Live for the moment. Also, I'm sure the band would rather look into your eyes than into a phone.

James gigs are memories that will last a lifetime. Cherish the memories, not the grainy shots on a phone that will soon be obsolete...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:12 pm 
Agreed - I dont have one picture of any James gig and yet, even though I drank a hefty amount of beer at each one, I can remember them all very clearly - dancing with my friends, hugging strangers, generally absorbing the whole amazing occasion. Live and 3D vision is essential - you've been fooled if you think otherwise.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 pm 

Him Over There wrote:
Agree 100% with the opening post. Live for the moment. Also, I'm sure the band would rather look into your eyes than into a phone.

"Sometimes I look into your lens and see your soul...."

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:19 pm 

I know this is the thing to bitch about at concerts these days and it can get annoying if not done respectfully to those around you, but I honestly don't mind when people take photos or video with their phones. I love to see people enjoying a band in their own way, and as a bonus that is the way many people get introduced to new music now - seeing a share of some kind on social media.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:29 pm 
There are very few videos at gigs that are actually worth watching afterwards - I'd much rather see someone's footage who had a good vantage point than a grainy clip with horrible sound, people singing and shouting and the picture bobbing around everywhere. It's nice to capture a moment but it's the quality of that moment that's important. I don't see the point of watching something thru a screen when it's happening in front of you, unless you can set the screen to record, hold it still and still enjoy the moment yourself.

Booze seems to be a big problem - the atmosphere at Glasgow, and usually at many gigs that are held at the weekend, was rather intimidating and the problem is that a large section of the crowd (who often have only come for a night out to hear the hits) have been drinking for several hours and get lairy very quickly. Newcastle, on the other hand, somewhere you may expect to be a bit drunk, was fabulous - but it was on a Monday night, so most people hadn't had the chance to drink all day. Same problem at footy games too.

Don't know what the answer is though, it's simply down to human nature - the ideal scenario would be midweek gigs in small venues with only people with decent cameras filming it. Ain't going to happen!!

Best for us would probably be to get in fairly early and get a decent spot where the latecomers and drinkers won't have chance to get to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 pm 
I think booze robbed us of All I'm Saying last night because those near the bar seemed to be more interested in chatting than being quiet so James could share a special moment with us - bloody annoying.